Monday, August 15, 2011

Tomato, spinach & mascarpone gnocchi


Tim's tomato, spinach & mascarpone gnocchi

500g pack ready-made gnocchi
350g jar tomato pasta sauce
100g spinach, washed
250g tub mascarpone
50g parmesan or Grana Padano cheese


Cook the gnocchi according to packet instructions and drain. Heat the tomato pasta sauce in a saucepan and add the spinach, stirring until wilted. Mix the gnocchi in with the sauce and pour into an ovenproof dish. Season and spoon blobs of mascarpone over. Scatter with shavings of parmesan or Grana Padano and grill for about 15-20 minutes until bubbling and golden.

Tim notes: My grill gets super hot so I only did it for 10 minutes so keep an eye on it.

2 comments:

  1. Not the best looking one. I dished it up before remembering I had to take a picture! Oops!! I can confirm that it tastes amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never cooked with gnocchi but give this ago.

    ReplyDelete